Ewha Womans University is one of the most prestigious universities in South Korea. Opposed to its name, there are actually male students enrolled, although exact numbers are unknown. If I had the chance to study in South Korea, Ewha would be at the top of my list of universities to apply for. 🙂
We visited the Ewha Womans University during the fall season and to my delight, all spots around the campus are picture perfect. Students and faculty are so lucky to walk around this campus. I’m also thankful that access to the university is allowed even for outsiders.
What to do at Ewha Womans University
- Visit the University Church
- Dominique Perrault Architecture
- Roam around the campus and park
Ewha Womans University Church
This church will welcome you upon entering the university.
Dominique Perrault Architecture
This is the most popular spot here. I’ve seen lots of people take photos of this place, but never really paid attention where this was in Seoul. To my surprise, it was at Ewha Womans University! This structure just leaves you strong futuristic yet environment aware impact.I’m also curious how festive and probably different this place looks like when there are events and campus festivals!
Around the campus & park
The trees were all in the shades of red, orange and yellow – it’s such a perfect place to have a stroll with family or friends on a cold autumn day. We really enjoyed just walking and taking instagramp-worth photos here!
Autum in South Korea
Although the university is worth visiting all year round, I think making sure that this place is part of your autumn in Korea itinerary. Take off an hour or two from your hectic schedule and come to Ewha! 🙂
About Ewha Womans University
52 Ewhayeodae-gil, Daehyeon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul
📍 How to get to Ewha Womans University from Myeongdong
Travel Time: 38 mins
Number of transfers: 1
Number of Stops: 9
- Board Myeongdong Station Line #4 (Blue Line) towards Chungmuro Station, move 2 stops get off at Dongdaemun History & Culture Park Station
- Transfer to Dongdaemun History & Culture Park Station Line #2 (Green Line) towards Euljiro 4(sa)-ga Station, move 7 stops, and get off at Ewha Womans University Station.
- Exit at Exit #3
- [Refer to the last screenshot] Follow the path towards the Pink marker